What does a neighbourhood watch do?
The neighbourhood watch creates a sense of community by having members looking out for each other. Being observant, communicating and reporting any suspicious behaviour all aids in the prevention of crime and creates good neighbourliness.
We work in conjunction with local SAPS, OBSID and security companies to create an effective security network in our neighbourhood.
What is expected from our members?
- Join the neighbourhood watch
- Communicate with your neighbours to raise awareness for the neighbourhood watch and good neighbourliness philosophy
- Be aware of what is happening in your street, and report any suspicious activities to the contracted security company and to SAPS, ensuring our members are kept out of danger.
- Participate in voluntary patrols.
- Purchase a subsidised radio that puts you in direct contact with SAPS and security companies at all times
How to join the neighbourhood watch?
Fill in the form on our membership page to join.
Membership is free, although voluntary contributions/donations will be gladly accepted.